Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Click the Pretty Pictures

A couple of months ago, I mentioned that I had contributed an article to the second edition of Sichuan Travel Magazine.


Matt sent me these layout captures before he had finished editing, so please excuse any errors. In the article, I recollect the highlights of celebrating the icy Lunar New Year in the log cabins of my nomadic students. I never made the time to write about that experience on the blog, so I'm glad I put it in an article. The photo below is of the monastery in Daofu, taken by Kiwi Cath Marsh.

Click the pages to expand them large enough to read the type.


The magazine is designed and edited by Matt Vegh. Matt also administers iHotPot.com, a forum on life in Chengdu. This page from Chronicles of the Shu Kingdom (especially the lower panels; click to view in detail) demonstrate his skill as an illustrator.

Do you think your Wu-Tang sword can defeat me?

1 comment:

Dan Tierney Smith said...

i guess i'm reaching my target audience